At George and Mae we take our responsibility to protect your privacy and personal data very seriously.
This policy document is to illustrate how we take care to ensure that your privacy and your personal data is safe in our care, you can be confident in the safety of our data protection processes when purchasing and enjoying our CBD products via our website and through our partners.
What this policy covers.
The George and Mae website (www.georgeandmae.com) and any associated applications are operated by George and Mae Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration No. xxxxxxxxx).
George and Mae Limited
When you visit the George & Mae website or contact us by any other form of physical and digital communication we may collect personal information. This policy explains what happens to your personal information, how we might use it and how you can exercise your right to access any of your information that we may hold.
Please read this policy, together with our Terms and Conditions carefully, as whenever you access our website, or any associated services, you confirm that you have understood and agreed to them.
What personal information we collect about you.
We may collect information about you when you:
- Visit the website or an affiliated website.
- Register to receive email news and updates.
- Buy our CBD or other products available via this website or through our other retail and online partners.
- Participate in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires.
- Contact us in any way.
Depending on how you use our services the type of information we collect may include:
- Your Name
- Your Email address
- Your account password
- Your location
- Your billing address
- Your shipping address
- Your phone number
- Whether or not you agree to receive marketing emails or text messages
- Details about 3rdparties that you share with us such as the name, address and telephone number of someone you may choose to send an order to
- Information about how you use the website – e.g. which pages you visited and the duration of your visit
- Information about what products you order and when or how you order them.
- Any and all other correspondence between you and us
This list is only indicative and other personal information may be collected from time to time.
Important! We do not store your payment details.
The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy and data policies.
Why we need to use your data
Why we need to use your data
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand how we can bring you the best products and services.
We only collect the information necessary for us to bring you our products, merchandise or other services. We use your information to:
- Manage and improve our website for you and other users.
- Personalise our services to you.
- Administer and operate your account.
- Process your orders.
- Tell you about important changes to the site and our services.
- Understand your purchasing behaviour and visit behaviour to develop and improve our website, products and services.
- Manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Your preferences and feedback
When you place an order with us or simply visit our website you can register (opt-in) to receive marketing emails from us by entering your preferred email address and checking the relevant tick box on the checkout or the registration form in the footer of every page.
If you later choose to unsubscribe (opt-out) from our mailing list you can simply follow the link on one of our emails, or navigate to the correct page on the site and follow the instructions to update your account.
It is important for us to know your opinion about our website, CBD products and other services; we love to hear your views, which help us to improve.
Occasionally we may contact you in order to canvas your opinions about our products or about subjects related to our products or services, but we will only do this if you are already opted-in to receive our marketing communications.
If you are not opted in to marketing communications we will only contact you with transactional or important service information, for example, we may contact you about:
- Orders that you place on the website, or our partners’ websites for our products – for example to confirm receipt of orders you have made and/or to update you about the delivery status of your orders.
- Answering questions you have asked us about anything.
- Changes made by us to our services or changes in the status of our website or partners’ websites.
Cookies are small text files containing information which is downloaded to the personal device you use when you visit a website. Cookie s help you and your device to interact more efficiently with the websites you visit.
There are 3 main types of cookie: session cookies; which expire once you leave a web site, only collecting data about that visit, temporary cookies; which expire after a short, set period of time and permanent cookies that persist for a longer period of time but not longer than 90 days.
- To enable you to use some or all of the available features and improve the functionality of the site.
- To understand how you use the site. The cookies that we use collect mostly anonymous data that is aggregated across all visitors to the site.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing and communications, including the emails we send, the social media channels we use and the partners we work with to deliver our products and services.
The Cookies we use include session and permanent varieties provided by Google and Facebook that help us to understand how you use services provided by those companies to find and interact with our website.
If you wish you may block the cookies used by our website, you can use the personal data and privacy settings in your chosen browser to remove cookies or to also manage how your device handles cookies more generally and what information they collect about you.
Finally we are committed to transparency and clarity which includes communicating in an easy to understand way, however if you are unclear about any aspects of this statement or our policy towards using and protecting your personal data or if you would like to know what data we may hold of yours then please contact George and Mae using the details published below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
High Banks, Leigh Road, Chulmleigh, DEVON, EX18 7BL, United Kingdom